Job Description Church
Gretna United Methodist Church stands squarely at the crossroads between traditional faith in Christ and the new and expansive culture of today’s young people. As our administrator you will join a team of people committed to honoring those who have come before us, serving those who have made a commitment to this faith community, and reaching out to those whom Christ calls us to serve. Specifically you will support those on the front lines of this work by being the first face or voice the community encounters when they contact the church, providing the resources needed for volunteers and staff to serve our diverse populations, and promoting the accountability and consistency that allows everyone to know we are acting as good stewards of their time, talents, gifts, service, and witness. Come join our team and help us grow God’s family together!
High School or GED
Associate Degree preferred
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, & Publisher
• Basic Accounting Experience
• Keeping church business and information confidential
• Must be a self starter with an outgoing personality and the ability to interact with the public.
• Good Communication Skills utilizing Telephone, emails and social media
Duties to Include but not limited to:
• Answering questions from members and the public.
• Managing the church's calendar.
• E-Blasts to members regarding upcoming events or information
• Developing and publishing monthly newsletter / Weekly bulletin
• Posting members contribution
• Bank Deposits
• Ordering of supplies
• Payroll, quarterly and EOY reports
• Tracking attendance
• Getting bills ready for church treasurer
• Church conference reporting, tracking, and posting.
• Quarterly giving statements.
This is a full time position, paid bi-monthly. Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Hours can be somewhat flexible. PTO (paid time off) is accrued during the first year but can not be used until after the first anniversary date. Years 1-5 is 10 days per year. 10 paid holidays per year. Mileage will be paid for church duties.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.